coquet nature lover

Monday, 13 February 2017

Flock of twite at Lindisfarne

Thought these photos might bring you a ray of sunshine to what's been a miserable weekend weatherwise in Northumberland! They were taken on the Lindisfarne coast a couple of weeks ago, not far from the causeway to Holy Island. It's the first time I've seen such a large flock of twite.
I counted at least eight on the tree tops!

large flock of twite
female twite perched on young Ash tree
pale bellied Brent geese wintering on coastal fields in Northumberland
looking across the saltmarsh
tide coming in over the saltmarsh
looking towards Holy Island

6 comments:

  1. Thanks - it has been a miserable weekend in Northumberland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I look at your photography, I get the feeling springtime is just around the corne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos - a lovely place to look for birds :) Dull, gloomy and drizzly here at the weekend but we did have some sun yesterday and the snowdrops are appearing so Spring is surely on the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the weather has picked up today thankfully! I really liked your photos of mosses and lichens on your last post - the snowdrops too! Good luck with your i/d - sorry I haven't a clue! :)

      Delete
  4. Absolutely beautiful photos. Such a blue sky. I don't think I've ever seen Twite so it was great to see your photos of them:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment. I find it much easier to take photos when the light is good and the birds are still! :)

      Delete